An office remodel can take a lot of time and energy, so it’s important to be prepared for what to expect before construction begins.
The most important — and hardest — part is finding the right construction company to undergo your renovation. You want to work with a professional, honest and straightforward team who is easy to communicate with. They should be open to answering questions and working efficiently toward solutions.
Once that’s settled, there are still practical ways for you, as the landlord or office manager, to prepare for the project.
Plan Ahead & Maintain Clear Goals
Big projects can create confusion for clients. Even though the construction team is on top of the job, landlords and office managers often feel scattered or frazzled as they prepare for the upcoming renovation.
Make a list of questions and talk with your financial team and appropriate staff members. Some good questions to ask are:
- Why are we remodeling? To update outdated structures and designs? Prepare for new buyers? Install better technology?
- Since we’re already remodeling, should we also consider expanding? How many employees can we accommodate in our space? How many do we wish we could comfortably fit?
- How will the project impact workflow? Will the team work in the office during construction? Will we have to rent a temporary space or can we all work remotely without impacting productivity?
- Should we get ideas and input from our staff?
- What is the budget for the project? Is there any financial flexibility in case unexpected issues arise?
If you and your team are unsure of any of the answers, the construction manager might be able to help.
Depending on the scope of your project, the remodel could take from a couple of weeks to a few months. Lean toward the longer scenario and plan accordingly so that you and your team aren’t left scrambling when you realize the construction is only partially finished but you planned to be back working in the office by then.
Consistent, clear communication between your team and your construction team will help eliminate any surprises and misunderstandings, allowing the project to flow smoothly.
Call Red Rock Construction for Your Office Remodel
The Red Rock Construction team has more than 40 years of renovation experience, and we understand the importance of preparing for an office remodel. Take the time now to ask the right questions and come up with a game plan for workflow during the remodel. Leave everything else to us. Give us a call today for a renovation estimate!